This is the ultimate Cook Off! We want to test your knowledge of spice and skill! Teams, supervised by leaders will make a main dish, and a dessert to be judged. The main dish needs to have a carb (pasta, rice, etc) a vegetable, and a protein. Each team will have a mystery bag to incorporate into the dishes.
There will be a 60 min time limit to cook the two dishes. So as a team you will need to be creative with what you will make.
Here are the needed items your team needs to bring:
- Electric frying pan or Hot plate with pans
- Rice cooker
- Cutting boards
- Knives and other utensils
Each team will have their own table to set up and have during the competition.
- - Each team will provide essential cooking tools, including electric frying pans, rice cookers, cutting boards, knives, utensils, and bowls for each group.
- - Mystery bags will be provided, containing one fruit, one meat, and one "interesting" ingredient (canned or fresh).
- - The cooking setup will be in the fellowship hall
- - Pantry items will be shared among all teams to encourage creativity in using what's available.
Cook Off Rules:
- - Teams have 60 minutes to cook two dishes: one main and one dessert, both incorporating carb, vegetable, and protein
- - Each dish must use all three mystery bag ingredients in some way.
- - Pantry items are allowed and shared among all teams
- - Only electric frying pans/stove tops and rice cookers are permitted for cooking.