What is The Marriage Course?
The Marriage Course was developed in 1996 by Nicky and Sila Lee (authors of The Marriage Book) for couples looking for practical support to strengthen their relationship.
Over seven sessions, the course will help you to:
- Understand each other's needs
- Communicate more effectively
- Grow closer by learning methods to resolve conflict
- Recover from the ways you may have hurt each other
- Recognize how your upbringing affects your relationship
- Improve relationships with parents and in-laws
- Develop greater sexual intimacy
- Discover each other’s "love language" and much, much more....
Who is it for?
The Marriage Course is for couples who are in a married or cohabiting* relationship and seeking to strengthen their relationship. Some couples do the course to invest in their relationship, others need more urgent help. Either way, the course offers a lifetime of practical ideas and tools to help keep your relationship strong.
The Marriage Course is based on Christian principles but designed for all couples with or without a church background.
*Some course leaders may be running their course for married couples only. Please check with your local course before booking.
What can we expect?
Each session of The Marriage Course consists of food and/or drink, a practical talk on topics related to marriage and a time for private discussion between you and your partner. Depending on where the course is run and how it is set up, you may be sharing a table with your partner or with other couples. Each couple’s privacy is respected as there is no requirement to disclose anything about your relationship to anyone else.